Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stolen from, again.

My car got broken into tonight. Yes it was locked. No they didnt break a window. No, I dont know how they got in. Yes they stole stuff--my lab coat, my id badge, my palm pilot, some of my text books, and a notebook that I have been writing in all year on rounds. They didnt take my pager. And yes my contact information for my reference letter referees was in my palm pilot.

Why is it that in Alberta of all places, where money is literally flowing out of the ground, do people have to steal? It is such an inconsiderate, selfish thing to do. Because someone else is lazy and corrupt I have to replace my palm pilot, track down my referees contact info, and some how replace all of the hard work that went into my clinical notes. I am so infuriated I could scream.

This is the third time my car has been broken into. That will teach me never to leave anything of value in an automobile.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Inconsiderate is definitely the right word! If you want to break in and steal, at least leave the things like your clinical notes!! What could that mean to anyone but yourself?! I guess people like us don't expect anyone to steal from us, because we would never steal from anyone else!! Call when you get back to the city.

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

In the words of Stephanie Tanner from Full House, "HOW RUDE!".

Courtney said...

OH no!! Lauren I am so sorry to hear that. At least your cell phone wasn't in there. Sorry I haven't called or emailed - packing and studying has kept me insanely busy and somewhat lacking sleep. I had no idea a move would be this much work. oh well good to know for the future! I'll email you today and give you the scoop! And then you can give me the scoop! Hi to Eddie!!