Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pack it up

June 20, 2010 - Moving... again.

The moving company came today and in a swift, efficient manner packed up all our worldly possessions, in about 5 hours. Tomorrow the truck comes to get all our things and we will be on the road to Edmonton. It is un-nerving seeing our house practically empty.

It feels like the most grown-up venture to date, moving to another province for work/training. Eddie and I are sitting on our deck enjoying the afternoon sun for one of the last times in our first house together. The freshly painted fence gleams a refreshing white, and the simple act of sitting together outside is calming.

This move is bittersweet. We love our home, the city, our family and friends. Saskatoon is where our hearts reside, and where we first put down roots as a family together. So many great things have happened over the past three years: my sister and I are closer than we have ever been before, we've made a ton of great family memories, Eddie and I have had fantastic vacations, I've developed confidence in my professional abilities, we've bought our first house, our first pets, I've discovered a passion for cooking, the list goes on. Part of me is sad to leave.

And yet its time to go. I know that. We've finished our residencies here, and we're not ready for independent practice so we have to move to where we can finish, and become the physicians we are meant to be.

Apparently part of happiness is growth and adapting to new situations, we're on our way!

And I'm so glad I married a man who makes me laugh every single day. When I was wistfully looking around at our boxes, Eddie quipped " oh well, home is where you s#*t the most!"

No comments: