Friday, June 25, 2010

Unpacking

Thirty six hours after our things arrived in Edmonton, we are well underway in the unpacking process. Several realizations have come to me as I sift through the multitude of cartons in my new home:

1) A modern move requires literally a small forest of paper. I have never seen so much paper in my entire life. There are to date at least 10 large boxes that are packed tight with the paper that our stuff was packed in. I look at the heap and I cringe at how “un-green” the whole thing is. Overall its probably better than buying all new things, especially since the paper will be recycled, but its still guilt provoking.

2) Having a well organized house prior to moving makes unpacking much much simpler.

3) We have a lot of stuff.

4) No matter how much stuff you have, every move requires you to buy more stuff whether its cables, small pieces of furniture or simply a dust pan. Its aggravating but true.

5) Putting things away and organizing them gives me a feeling of satisfaction.

No comments: