Friday, April 02, 2010

Delayed in Transit

I will preface with "I know I can't complain, we are on our way to Hawaii", however--we are waiting in Vancouver to board our plane and:
"Due to the high winds in Vancouver we have a weight and balance issue, and we require 9 people to volunteer to give up their seats. We will arrange for a travel voucher and hotel in Vancouver for tonight..."

Now ordinarily I would game to be a volunteer, a good samaritan etc. However vacation time for us is precious, and I am not about to volunteer to give up a day in paradise. And yes most people would likely provide the same rationale for not volunteering their seats, but I think we will likely be stubborn on this one! I wonder what the policy is for deciding if no one volunteers, if everyone is grounded?

So here we sit, delayed, going no where fast. A nearby child wails, I hear you kid, I agree! I hope we make it out of Vancouver tonight.

No comments: