Monday, June 12, 2006

24 with warm hearts and wet feet

I spent my 24th birthday this weekend in Saskatoon with Eddie, my wonderful boyfriend. It was like a breath of fresh air to be able to go home for the weekend. My heart always feels at ease when I fly into the Saskatoon airport after I have been away for a while.

Eddie planned a hot air balloon ride, but due to the inclement weather, this was post-poned until a later weekend this summer. So we went for a walk along the river bank in the rain instead, sporting the "Gustbuster", Eddie's hurricane proof golf umbrella. While the weather was cool and rainy, it was still beautiful. My feet did get alarmingly drenched however! This was followed by supper at Keos, watching the end of the hockey game, doing our reading for Church the next day, and watching a movie. It was a low-key weekend, but deliciously fantastic.

And then to my delight my parents came into town for lunch the next day. We wound up at Montana's--without me putting it together that that meant moose hat for me. And of course, Eddie made sure to inform the waitress that he would like the moose hat for my birthday. At least we got some good photos out of that!

And now my Eddie is off to Newfoundland, and I am back in Ottawa, with another four weeks until we see each other again. Hopefully they will pass by quickly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, dinner was fun but it was more delightful to have a chance to visit with you and your beau. A great pair you make.
As far as waiting.... remember... Be still and know that I am God... There are things one can ponder as one waits...

Anonymous said...

Lauren, It was good to read a few of your blogs today. It is good to hear of all that you are up to. Your life sounds very busy but at least it is not boring. You are having many adventures that a lot of people would not get to have. I think of you every now and then and whisper a prayer for you. By the way happy birthday.

Allison said...

You are coming to Saskatoon after Ottawa, right? Not Regina? I would like to have a "real" visit with you when you are back again... But we truly appreciate you guys stopping by, even for a few minutes.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Lauren! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with super Eddie and the fam. I've done the Montana's birthday thing...all I can say is...never again...never again :) I almost got pied in the face. Now how does that celebrate a birthday? I would like to know. Anyways, I think you are doing great at persevering with all your rotations and finding time for family and friends. Be blessed.

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

Happy 24th Birthday Lauren! I love you, I miss you....