Sunday, June 04, 2006

my life the novella

I think medical school electives are like living in a "choose your own adventure" novel.

Today I went to church with Sally Patrick, and then had a lovely conversation afterwards with her for several hours.

Later in the afternoon I found myself kareening down the Ottawa bike paths on a borrowed hot pink road bike, and a old school helmet, on my way to find the hospital I need to report to tomorrow morning. And literally only yesterday I was in Halifax, smelling the salty ocean air, doing things like going on a sailboat, or touring a fortress. Definitely choose your own adventure. Although I think I will have pudenal nerve injury from this adventure when its over--it hurts to sit down tonight, and I was only biking for an hour!

I also bought fresh produce at the market, and walked around downtown. I really do love the market. So fresh, so fun, bustling, colorful, alive.

It going to be difficult to get any school reading done this week, with Augustine running a course with evening lectures this first week. Oh well. I will have three more weeks to read nephrology after that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a very interesting first day in Ottawa. Don't know if I like the term careening.... too much, with an old school helmet!!! Better than no helmet...

What is the course about at Augustine? Will it be as spell binding as nephrology? (certainly not the way that I, a layperson, would have spelled it!)

As you say, new adventures happening every few weeks. Could it be that life would become boring in one location?