Thursday, October 19, 2006

busy JURSI

The life of a busy JURSI, thats the life for me--for now anyway until med school is over! Only six more months of rotations, the end is almost in sight.

I surprisingly dont have a whole lot to blog about right now, I am on CTU at RUH, which I am enjoying but it keeps me pretty busy between that and my Carms (residency applications) stuff. It was kind of funny yesterday our attending made a joke that I didnt get, I guess it was in reference to a tv commercial, and my team told me I dont watch enough tv. Big surprise!

I think the two most interesting things about this past week have been:
a) Eddie and I started a gift registry on the weekend; we still have lots to do but it was fun to start..
b) When I was on call my team diagnosed a patient in the ER with flesh eating disease and he left against medical advice, refusing to let us treat him--apparently he was going to fly to Calgary for treatment. I am just waiting to hear about him on the news!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you most have had a couple of interesting events. I agree, the gentleman with the F.E.D. will most likely hit the news. In any event, let's pray for a speedy recovery for him. Talked to Mel tonight and praise the Lord, Rod is talking now very well. The bullet missed the main artery in the back of his head by a hair.

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

Oooh, I loved signing up for a gift registry. At The Bay they gave us a scanner gun, so basically we (okay, so Kent took it from me a few times)just pointed and clicked and it automatically showed up on our registry. I do have to admit that when Kent went to go use the washroom, I went a little gun-happy.