Friday, November 24, 2006

Organized Chaos

Okay, I feel as though I need to explain my sort of falling off the earth the past few weeks. Let me say that I really want to be phoning more people and staying caught up in your lives, but I have been consumed.

For example, this week I have:
1) worked one call shift (30 hours in a row) at the hospital
2) I have another call shift on Sunday
3) got passport photos taken for my licencing exam application
4) got my licencing exam application notarized
5) mailed exam app and two other business documents
6) attended RCIA class tuesday night
7) wrote four personal letters for my residency applications (count now 11 done, 1 to go)
8) went to Staples three separate times for invitation printing---they printed them wrong TWICE!
9) went to Costco for invitation printing twice
10) bought groceries
11)went to the pool to swim (only got there once)
12)booked appointments for when I at home in December
13) bought Eddie's birthday gift
14) finished my Christmas shopping (has to be finished before I leave for Orlando)
15) read my research papers for my presentation due in a week

AHG! I cant wait to sit still! I am at the hospital all day, and half the time there is nothing official scheduled for me to do in the afternoons (thanks to the rotation organization), but I am not allowed to leave the hospital. Then when I am finished at five, I am going on a dead run until bedtime. Everytime I cross something off my list of things to do, it seems four more things have been added in the meantime!

Its like I am caught in a frenzied storm and there is no way out, I just have to hold on for dear life and pray I get to the other side. Only nine more days of this rotation, only nine more days at the hospital. I am so READY for vacation!

3 comments:

LJE said...

hang in there! this too shall pass.

Courtney said...

haha, I was thinking of writing, "Hold on, baby, you can do it!" and then I read Lynette's comment. well...I guess I just said it anyways. Ohhh Lauren...think of the rewards though...you are going to freakin Orlando!!!! hello! Take lots of pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Great going.. have always had faith that you could do it!!!