Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back in Regina; again

I am back in Regina, again. I think this is the last stint of time here, or rather there is no other big stretch of time where I will be living out of a suitcase. Until my honeymoon that is :)

I don't really have a lot to blog about--I am in the Surgical Intensive Care for this week and next week, which is a cool way for me to hang out with internists during my surgery rotations :) I have been fortunate to have an R4 in internal med in the unit with me this week so I have been peppering him with questions. Other than that I am trying to get ready for my surgery exams that are in a week and a half, and for my surgery presentation that is next Friday. Terribly exciting, I know.

Although what is kind of cool (I know, blogging about medicine is terribly nerdy, bear with me), is I watched the intensivist (the ICU doc) resuscitate a woman who was exsanguinating (had blood pouring out of her). She was completely calm throughout the entire thing, as though it was just a regular day at the office. It was awesome to see how she had her head about her in the midst of a situation that would make A LOT of people high strung to say the least. And the coolest thing was the next morning I went in to examine the patient, and asked her how she was, and she opened her eyes, smiled, and said "I'm a little tired today". I thought that was awesome coming from a woman who tried her best to die the day before.

39 days until I am finished JURSI rotations! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome what one learns from others. Aren't we incredibly fortunate to have great teachers around us no matter what field we enter? Yes, your jursi year has seemed to fly by... however, there are many exciting days and events ahead. Need to enjoy them all.
Praise God that He is guiding us.