Monday, February 05, 2007

Halifax, Eve of Interview 1

I flew to Halifax today. Seven hours and two airports later, here I am. The eve before my first interview.

Its a very different feeling, traveling for these interviews. There were six other med students on the shuttle bus from the airport. All of them looked like they stepped off the cover of Vogue (they were from Ontario and Alberta, need I say more?) and they all seemed tense, like a white head pimple, ready to burst.

I must say that not checking bags and being able to print my boarding pass at home the day before greatly lessened the travel anxiety. All I had to do was go through security and board my plane. It helped that I was able to fly WestJet to Halifax.

Halifax is definitely different in the winter than it is in my lush summer memories. Still a unique city with charm, and once we got into the downtown, it felt familiar, putting me at ease. Odd though, for me to be staying in hotels by myself. I don't know if I have ever had a hotel room to myself before. Its quiet, which is good, I will sleep tonight. Yet its almost eerie.

So tonight I am steaming my suit in the bathroom--not being able to hang it up took its toll on it, but I think it will come out fine. Its 'steaming' as I type. And I will review my practice questions, review the Dal program, and my application. Talk to Eddie. Talk to God. Read my Bible. Pray that I speak with confidence and clarity, and that the Holy Spirit will guide me. Ask for the peace that passes all understanding.

Thanks for all the responses to the practice questions--they all made me laugh or smile. One week and this will all be over!

1 comment:

LJE said...

praying for ya this week...not sure what time your interviews are, but God will get that figured out, since he's beyond time all, even if i end up praying after they're over...