Wednesday, January 31, 2007

5 pair of hose, 4 interviews, 3 hotels, 2 black shoes and 1 match

This week I have bought: 5 pairs of nude hose, two pair of knee highs, one leather portfolio holder, travel sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion....Sigh. I hate Carms!

Do you know how difficult it is to fit everything an eczemic needs for skin care, plus the standard hair care and make items that are liquid into:
All containers not to be larger than 100ml, and all containers must fit into a 1L clear ziploc plastic bag that can be sealed

Those are the security measures that must be complied with to take things carry-on. I decided it was worth the effort, so that I can know the wearabouts of my luggage at all times! Next week would be a really really BAD time to have lost luggage!

And now for Interview Practice Questions... Please feel free to post what you think are good anzwers to the following old interview questions (most of these questions I think are ridiculous, but they are actually old interview questions!):
1) Teach me something non-medical in the next five minutes
2) Tell me a joke
3) What would you do if you were the medical student on the team at at a code you saw the senior resident slip a vial of fentanyl (a potent narcotic) into their labcoat pocket?
4)How would you react if you were faced with reviewing an admission while on-call with a senior who had a hint/smell of alcohol to his breath?


5 comments:

Allison said...

You could teach them how to change a diaper...or make a paper airplane...or tie a shoe...are you allowed to use props?! ;)

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

1) Teach me something non-medical in the next five minutes.
Baguette's when frozen can be a deadly weapon.
2) Tell me a joke.
Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
Because they taste funny.
That's all I got. Lame, I know.
3) What would you do if you were the medical student on the team at at a code you saw the senior resident slip a vial of fentanyl (a potent narcotic) into their labcoat pocket?
I would approach them and say, "Hey, is that fentanyl in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
4)How would you react if you were faced with reviewing an admission while on-call with a senior who had a hint/smell of alcohol to his breath?
I would offer them a mint or a stick of gum, to mask the smell.

Nevada said...

I say teach them how to wakeboard... Are you just supposed to describe it or do they actually have to be able to do it? Origami is always a big hit, and you could do it anywhere with not planning. They have great books at the public library.

Courtney said...

1) Teach me something non-medical in the next five minutes
While on a ministry outreach trip you can drive 160 from Fort Frances to Winnipeg and not get caught. The entire way.
2) Tell me a joke
Did you know that it's impossible to starve in the desert? It's because of the sandwiches.
3) What would you do if you were the medical student on the team at at a code you saw the senior resident slip a vial of fentanyl (a potent narcotic) into their labcoat pocket?
Ask them if they have a receipt for that fentanyl. Tell them shoplifting is a serious crime and that they may be prosecuted.
4)How would you react if you were faced with reviewing an admission while on-call with a senior who had a hint/smell of alcohol to his breath?
Ask them if they've been drinking. How about that, honesty!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the answers! They're witty but they do get the point across - a)there's something in your pocket that's not supposed to be there at this time - at least it brings up the discussion in a very light-hearted manner. Who honestly likes initiating the "my co-worker has a narc addiction" conversation?