Friday, January 26, 2007

Finished General Surgery

I am officially finished my general surgery rotation! I still will have to do my surgery exams after my surgical selectives, but no more waking up at 5:30 to be at the hospital for rounds!

And, the most exciting of all--no more call as a JURSI!!!! I dont have call for the remainder of my rotations, so the next time I will have call will be in July as a first year resident. It will be SOO nice to be a little more normal for a few months.

As of today "interview" time has officially started. I am now a little nervous, it seems more real. Tomorrow we are packing up our suitcases and heading off to Saskatoon. I have one week to buy last minute travel sized supplies and to prepare my answers to interview questions. It always seemed so far off in the distance, interviews, and now they are here! I cant wait until they are over!!! By the afternoon of February 12 I will be finished the interview process, and I think that will be a really great feeling. I seriously cant wait for interviews to be finished. Its like a really bad exam week, where the only way out it to get through it, one day at a time, and one morning you wake up on the other side.

Please pray for Eddie and I that we interview well, have favor with program directors and that we match to exactly where God wants us to be next year!

I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

LJE said...

happy trails to you, and prayers & thoughts as you both interview.