Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Overwhelmed

Today I feel overwhelmed. I have felt this way enough times before throughout JURSI to know not to let this feeling consume me, enough to know it too will pass. Nonetheless, today I am overwhelmed.

As I reflect back over the year I see a strong correlation between the rotations where I am sleep deprived and the rotations where I am overwhelmed. Obstetrics, ID, and now Surgery.

Somehow by the grace of God I will get the things I need to get done done, but today I cant even remember basic things that I used to know off the top of my head. Somedays I feel like I my brains ooze out my ears in my sleep.

Nine more days of general surgery to go....

3 comments:

LJE said...

hang in there...

Allison said...

When are you in town with some free time?

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on. You have done a fabulous job of staying the course. Look at one moment at a time and before you know it you will be through surgery with a couple of days off before the next step in the journey. Remember God is always there through every part of the journey. He is our strength.