Friday, January 12, 2007

The pre-interview scene

So we are officially into the next phase of the long drawn out process that is applying for residency positions for next year. Eddie and I both got several invitations to come for interviews--he got 8 and I got 7, but we only have a few invitations in common cities, so that is where we will be interviewing. So now rather than "we could end up in any of the major cities in Canada", the number of places we could be next year is: four. And they are in no particular order:
Halifax, St John's, Montreal and Saskatoon. There is still a minor possibility that we may get to interview in Winnipeg, but that is slim--one of us is on the wait list for an interview spot there.

It was really strange the way it shaped up---there seems to be no rhyme or reason to which school offered us interviews. Yet, I am happy with my schedule, I have all my interviews in a week, with one day between each to travel between the cities. Eddie's schedule is tougher, he does them all one day after another, so he is travelling and interviewing everyday without a break.

So we will see what happens!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Good luck!

LJE said...

hope it goes well! Will pray for both of you...

Anonymous said...

I have full confidence that both of you will do well. You can do all things through Him who strengthens you.