Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Sisters of Saskatoon, you will be missed..

My wonderful girlfriends that I leave behind, the women who know and understand my heart...

Dearest Courtney came over tonight, impromtu and perfect. Like an angel she floated in, and gave me a spiritual transfusion, on the day of exam week I needed it most. How did I get so blessed? The woman covers me in prayer, makes me laugh my head off, she understands my heart. She's beautiful, beautiful spirit, beautiful soul. Going on five awesome years of friendship that can only be described as sisterhood. It is amazing what a foundation of prayer can do--establishing bonds of trust that hold fast and run deep.


Ameila, roommate for two years, friends for five...how we have laughed together, cried together, bathed a large large black hairy dog together. Ameila my dear, you have walked side by side with me, seeing the in your face up close and personal, and loved me anyways. My how we have grown--grown up and grown together.


Arleen...adventure girl extraordinare! You first fanned the tiny spark of outdoor adventure loving in me, for that I will always be greatful. Truly amazing a summer of serving and living side by side (I cant say we slept, because that would be a lie :) can forge a friendship. I love you so much! Always real, always genuine, always compassionate, always. Hilarious too might I add.

Allison---why dont I have a photo of us?!? Are you kidding me? Not one in digital format anyways. Dearest Allison---so wise, so strong, so graceful. You have taught me so much, and loved me, blessed me beyond all measure--care packages, phone calls, lunch dates, hugs, more hugs, advice, prayer, desserts, love in all shapes and forms.

Victoria, mentor and friend. Vikki taught took me under her wing, helped me find my way to Goma, showed me to find Holy Spirit courage I did not know I had. Vik, I learn more about Jesus and myself everytime I interact with you.








Tanys---from crazy undergrad Elim years together, to you married and home-owning, me owning nothing but debt! You always surprise me, always make me laugh, and yet in a heartbeat we can be talking about things that matter. You taught me much about the Gifts, and He who gives them. I will never forget you praying over me at Youth Convention, so many years ago. Wisdom and prophetic find residence in one powerhouse woman of the King in you my friend.


Sarah, beautiful Sarah. Calm, graceful, hilarity embodied, wise, gracious. Dear Sarah, you have taught me so much about relationships, human interaction and life! I always am envigorated after spending time with you. Thank-you for making your home a sanctuary, a place where I can find refuge.











Heather, loving and accepting of me, right from the beginning you put me at ease. My mentor in medicine and faith, you encourage and inspire me. It is from you I have learned the meaning of run with perseverance!


Tina, technically you left first... but our unique friendship endure through time and distance. Laugh so hard I literally cry with you my dear--rolling on the floor with side splitting pain, tears streaming down my face. You challenge me, call me on my sin without mincing words, and inspire me to the be the woman of God I was created to be.




Ghits, ah good things do come out of Winnipeg! One weekend that birthed a new friendship--now strong and vibrant. How blessed I am because of that one weekend, a blessing that keeps on multiplying. Our hearts have bled together, and soared together, we laugh and learn together.



B-Mac and Amy... B-Mac You have been the steady voice of calm and reason, from the years above. I have learned much about faith and medicine, and life from you my dear. Wisdom and a genuine heart, you have grace and compassion that is always comforting. And you make me giggle too boot. Amy, the outside perspective, yet 'medicine compatible', you know how to bless, how to love, full of wisdom beyond your years!






Erin, sweet Erin. Adorable, loving, kind, full of grace, and wise as she is beautiful. In our short (so far) friendship, you have poured out untold blessings on me. I look forward the years to come.







Sexy Lexi---you also left first. How I miss you! I am sad that our time in toon town was so infrequent. I love how you love Jesus, and how you express it so creatively, so uniquely. Ontario got the better end of the deal...






Sheila, my mentor in life, faith and medicine. Fountain of wisdom, grace, poise, roll model. Your home has been a refuge and a place of restoration. I am eternally grateful.










Tin--so many miles, so many books! We laugh together, and undergo the grueling road together, and somehow its made better to share it. Sweet are the memories.


Elke, kindred spirit. Can it be I've only known you for four months? Impossible! Yet true. Feels like so much longer---you have enriched my life in our short time together more than you know.













Nimi, I feel like I got to know you this summer, while we were on different continents! Gracious, full of wisdom, practical sense, humor, great hugs, and the ability to put me at ease.

And Tanya and Cheryl--my dent girls! Why do I not have a picture of either of you?!? You both are beautiful women. Tanya you inspire me, you are strong and truely courageous, honest, loving, a wonderful friend. Cheryl, so genuine, sincere, loving, open and kind. I am so thankful for the D in CMDS!

Out of this rich, beautifully colored, elaborately textured weave I am extracted. These women have each blessed me repeatedly. It saddens me deeply to leave. Saskatoon has been a wonderful run--not so much because of the city, but the people who have enriched my life, and changed me forever because of their friendships.

You will be truly missed, but loved always.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

*tear* I'm going to miss you!! :( But I'll still going to see you after my modules! I'm sure that your Jursi time will just flyyyy by!

tmosh said...

i don't know about anyone else but i think i'll see you just as much in regina as i did in the last 2 yrs! ; )
-so glad you are blogging to share your beautiful thoughts with us!

A Not So Desperate Housewife said...

Who takes pictures while shopping at JYSK in PA?
Whoops.
We do?!
I love you....be blessed....to Regina....AND BEYOND!