Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rotation #2

This week marks the beginning of my second rotation: Psychiatry. In doing so I have realized the following:

1) I actually passed O&G relatively unscathed, and I obviously didnt really tick anybody off. Phew.
2) I am so excited to NOT go to the OR! I am in a humane rotation where I get to where nice clothes everyday, round at 8:30 in the morning, go home by 4:30 or 5 at the latest, we see about one patient per half hour, and when I am on call I can sleep in my own bed! (Psychiatry and Family Med are the only two services where you dont have to stay overnight at the hospital when you are on call).
3)Psychiatrists are inherantly nice people.
4) I like having a preceptor who wants to teach me things.

Yay for not being on O&G!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to have mentors who understand..... Sounds like a rotation where one will learn many things. Mayhap, a psychiatrist one will make...when one isn't dealing with the internal physical workings of the body...