Saturday, February 25, 2006

Funny story of the week

I had a 73 year old patient yesterday, and he told me, "You're a doll...you know, if I was 20 years younger, I'd sweep you off your feet." To which I thought---not likely, because at 53 you'd still be older than my DAD! But I had to grin, because it was kind of cute. The same patient went on to tell me, "I am putting together a show to raise money for the Para-Olympics, and I'll teach you a sexy hip-hop dance so you can be in my show!" Right. What do you say to that, so as to not burst out laughing right there? I just smiled, thanked him and went on my way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the marriage proposals start rolling in!!! Keep track darlin! When the right one comes by he may have to take a number:)

Anonymous said...

Aren't these little snippets of interaction fascinating? Great response...