Friday, March 24, 2006

Mozart

Tonight Eddie took me to the Symphony---they are having a Mozart Festival. First we made supper at his appartment, then got all decked out, and went to the concert.

It was amazing. We were in the fourth row from the orchestra, and there was a guest pianist there--we could see all of her facial expressions, her dramatic arm movements, the way she swayed with the music. I have never seen a musician become so completely enthralled with the music.

Sitting listening to the melodies and harmonies that delicately weave together, the enchanting sound filling the air--all of the things that happened during my week melted--faded from memory for that space of time. And I thought to myself--there will be the most beautiful music in Heaven.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This comment is for the previous post, but wasn't sure if you would still be checking that one for comments. I would love to book you for some time while you are here - maybe more than one hour this time!!! And depending on what happens with the whole breech/c-section date, you might even be around when Baby is born! I did get your message, and would love to chat with you soon.