Monday, January 23, 2006

Election Day

I love election day.

Its one of my favorite days, spending the night watching the results unfold---its "reality TV" that actually matters.

I remember sitting up watching election results with my Dad, back when I was a little girl. Its even more exciting now, that I am able to excerise my right to vote. This is one of the few elections that I havent been able to watch with him. I called him this evening, and yes, of course, he was tuned in and watching. I hope Rex Murphy is on CBC tonight----I havent seen him yet.

By the end of the night, there could be a change of the winds in Canada.

So exciting. Its an opportunity for a fresh start, a clean slate. In the weeks and months to come, there will inevitably be things that the new government does that will displease various groups of people; it is not possible to please everyone. But for today, tonight, the future is teeming with possibility.

2 comments:

tmosh said...

cheers to the doc for being excited about election day!
cheers to a new conservative gov!
cheers to coming to regina sometime thats convenient for you?
:)

medstudent said...

I would LOVE a visit from the T-Mosh in my new home pad, in the heart of the hood! I'll give you a shout this weekend and we can sort out time frame that works!

Miss you