Monday, January 30, 2006

Time to be Brave

I was in the OR today with the very Christian O&G doc. This doctor is the embodiment of a life that over-flows with the joy of Christ--smiling, laughing, singing in the OR, jovial comraderie with all colleagues, kind and gentle with patients, praying before every surgery. Great roll model. Reminds me of how much I still have to allow the Holy Spirit refine me, and how I need to submit and surrender, and really truly embrace living only for the Glory of the Living God.

"God hasnt called us to half time work. We work fulltime to destabilize the kingdom of Satan."-a Regina Doc.

I amazingly got home today from the General in time to go for a run before dark. My first out-door run in the Queen city--there have been time or weather constraints before now. Running around Wascana Park with the Legislature building dominating the horizon, the wind sweeping over my face, the chaos of my life melted away--if only for the 45min I was out there. And God reminded me that my identity as a Child of God is ingrained within the very fabric of my being, and no external changes, no matter how great they are, will ever alter who He has made me to be, or my relationship to Him. Time to start living boldly, standing in the Truth; and the days that fear and the feeling of abandonment creep back, I will return to moments of clarity, such as this one.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father.The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children." Romans 8:15-16

"So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave"
~from Brave by Nicole Nordeman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome to have such great role models! Glad to hear the warrior rise up.....resiting fear and doubt with God's help. It is a challenge we all face in one way or another all the time.

7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Come near to God and he will come near to you.
James 4:7-8

This is one of my favorite verses, reminding me that I need to resist and stand strong on God's word