Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Lists of Sevens

At the request of T-Mo, I have compiled the random lists of sevens. The glorious joy of having a day off, means I can indulge this request! However I must admit that to choose only seven things for some of the lists was really difficult, most of the lists are not inclusive for the category and that some of the lists are in no particular order....

7 Things I would like to do before I die:
1. Get married and start a family
2. Become fluent en Francais
3. Go back to Africa--repeatedly
4. Go to Australia
5. Learn to scuba dive and surf--and do these things often
6. Pay off my debt
7. Attend an Olympic Games

7 Things I can't do (yet)
1. Get married and start a family
2. Earn money--hence I cant pay off my debt
3. Run a marathon
4. Photograph, curl, or play hockey well
5. Have my own dark room (and know how to use it).
6. Speak French fluently
7. Know where I'll be in a year and half

7 Things I'm into at the moment
1. Playing hockey, and ultimate frisbee
2. Running and swimming
3. Travelling
4. Crossword puzzles
5. Reading
6. Bible study, fellowship, CMDS
7. Taking pictures

7 Things I say most often
1. Hi, I'm Lauren, the senior medical student on the unit, and I will be assessing you today...
2. Why have you come to the hospital today
3. Sorry I'm on call that day
4. I miss you
5. Bruts! (or Brutal!)
6. Are you kidding me?!
7. Tight

7 Cds I could listen to over and over
1. Third Day
2. Switchfoot
3. U2
4. Relient K
5. Best of Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi...etc
6. Downhere
7. Norah Jones

7 Movies I could watch over and over (similar disclaimer to the T-Mo, I generally dont watch movies over, but of those I love here are seven(ish) I could watch repeatedly BUT this list is not inclusive, its just the first seven I thought of...)
1. Princess Bride
2. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3. Star Wars
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. Italian Job and Oceans 11 (both the re-make versions)
6. First Knight
7. The bests of Drew: Ever After, Never been Kissed, 50 First Dates

7 Books I recommend other people should read
1. The Bible
2. Mere Christianity
3. Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit
4. My Name is Asher Lev
5. Chronicles of Narnia
6. Anything by J. Budziszewski
7. Anything by Peter Kreeft

Okeedokee...there the lists. It feels very permanent to have a list in writing. I put the disclaimer that this list is subject to variation in the future!

BTW--this post is just for fun. The previous days post is a more a reflection of the journey's current status.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day off and a great visit with your friend. Like your lists... interesting activity that would be funn to do but at times difficult.

Tried calling a couple of times, but assumed that you must have been out when I was in... Tried the cel also... didn't leave a message.

Looking forward to chat...

tmosh said...

Princess Bride - good call doc!!! : )
Glad you have some time to spare + breathe
Praying for you lady!

Courtney said...

You got number six on that book list...the unpronouncable last name...from your CMDS retreat didn't you! I went to a SEYWA (Saskatchewan Evangelical Youth Workers Association) meeting and this youth pastor/camp director was talking about going to this CMDS retreat (the same one as you!), he was like this Budziecewski guy is awesome!

medstudent said...

Yah C-Bo, I got Budz from a CMDS retreat, but a few years ago. You likely met Kelly, the camp director from Kadesh, whom I introduced to J. Budz a couple of summers ago.

But everyone should read J. He is the bomb.