Thursday, January 05, 2006

Should have been a frequent flyer

I really should have signed up for frequent flyer miles in first year.

I fly out to Winnipeg tomorrow, to the Western Annual CMDS Students Retreat. Guess who the headliner speaker is this year? PETER KREEFT! Wow its going to be so amazing. I am very excited about a weekend to spiritually recharge, and to focus before the absolute chaos of JURSI breaks loose. That, and the chance to go skating outdoors, and potentially play some hockey with my friends from differernt provinces---also always a rockin' good time. It unfortunately is difficult to bring a hockey stick on an airplane if you're not an allstar athlete like our Canadian Junior boys for example.

While my calendar for January filled up in one day, simply by opening my Obs/Gyne orientation package, I am really enjoying the new academic season thus far. I even had time tonight to make supper for my friends, and a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the boys. All of this after I wrote an exam, and successfully ran a simulated megacode, where I had an "patient" who had no effective heart pumping for him. Really a full and productive day. I love those.

I hope that this weekend is useful for firing up the troops, to activate and motivate the next generation of Christian physicians to stand up and step into the void, to provide a standard of care that is different than everyone else and to be ready to fight to be able to practice in a way that is honouring to God, as we are surrounded on all sides by pressure to conform to the status quo.

Preventative medicine really is the way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very full and rewarding day! My sentiments exactly regarding preventitive care. Have a great time away recharging those batteries!

AlisonVeritas said...

Here here on the preventative med comment!!! Ob/Gyn rotation!! Fun! If you were here, you could be MY baby student dr.
Hope you're doing well, talk soon.
Alison