Monday, January 02, 2006

If You say Go

Tonight I made the drive of finality from Prince Albert to my new home---Regina. This time I am here for the long haul. Tomorrow morning begins with orientation, and a whole new adventure: JURSI.

I confess that I have had a downdrodden spirit about this move, but I feel a change in the seat of my soul. Its starting small, and will have to be nurtured with care to grow, but I will be anointed with the oil of joy about this new adventure. I seem to forget that I willingly volunteered to go to Regina--oh so long ago last March. God knows that if the decisions had to be made this past semester, I likely would have chose differently and not paid attention to the Holy Spirit out of my fear. But here I am. I do want to go where He leads me, to have faith that my little picture fits into the Big Picture. It is interesting how much heart blood has to be spilled to follow--I knew that it would be challenging, but I never really understood the cost, and I think I still have much to learn about the cost of true sacrifice. Yes, I did opt out of ordinary a long, long time ago.

Ah but He knows what I need better than I know myself, He will provide me with all I need, and He will not stretch me beyond what I can bear.

And now for the theme song of the moment:

If You say go, we will go
If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water
And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come

Your ways are higher than our ways
And the plans that You have laid
Are good and true
If You call us to the fire
You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You

lyrics by Diane Thiel

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Lauren, I love how you're not afraid to "step out on the water". Well, maybe you are afraid, but I heard a wise woman once say "Do it afraid". Just think of all your going to learn this year and glean from other doctors. It's going to be awesome. I'm excited for you!

Blessings,
Courtney