Saturday, May 13, 2006

Halifax Day 0

Today I arrived in Halifax. Well after flying first to Calgary, then Calgary to Halifax. It definitely was a long plane ride!

My host graciously picked me up at the airport. Cal is an attending Hematopathologist, and Sharon is a PT. They then took me with them to a house warming party for a couple they work with. Really nice people, laid back. We spent the evening dining, playing foosball and singing kareokee. I have a nice big room to myself with internet access, and they have a lovely appartment blocks away from the hospital.

I arrived here at night, so I have yet to appreciate the city fully, but what I have seen so far is wonderful. Very picturesque, old character homes beautiful trees. I have yet to see the water, but I plan to go exploring tomorrow. Too bad it didnt take so long to get here from home. The people already are very welcoming and are making me feel right at home, and the city is not monstrously large, and its extremely charming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to be hosted by such welcoming people. Must have been good to meet so many people at the same time at the housewarming. It will be fun to do some exploring in Halifax. Yes, the K genes are working.... travel and adventure, combined with determination and commitment to hard work.