Tuesday, May 02, 2006

not much to report

This week I am on General Internal Medicine at City Hospital. I really enjoy it. But I have nothing much to report! I go to the hospital, then I come home and do it over the next day. I think residency will be very busy, and I hope that I am able to retain my other interests while I get further into this 'training to be a doctor' business.

Eddie and I went to a swanky benefit dinner and silent auction for the Children's Health and Hospital Foundation on the weekend. Eddie was given the tickets by the Pediatrics department, so we got to go for a fancy dinner for free. It was a lot of fun, and we got to just hang out with the peds residents afterward and see them interact in a non-hospital setting. Eddie is totally 'in' with the peds dept. All the attendings who were there were trying to convince him to do pediatrics! I was really proud of him; he has made a very good impression on docs, and he will be an excellent pediatrician.

Other than that, just going to work, and trying to learn about internal medicine. I really like internal patients, and when I think that I am not even half finished my training, I am re-assured that I will eventually learn what I need to know to be a good doc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a good dinner. Glad things are going well for you. Yes, it is an long training process to do the work you are called to do. See you on the weekend.

Just Me said...

Fun! Hey, call me again and we can set up an appointment...sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...we went on a little family holiday!