Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This week is the last week Eddie and I will be together in the same city until basically November. Groan. We will have brief spots of time intermittently between now and then, but it will be a long expanse of time I think.

These past three weeks have been bitter sweet--I have realized even more reasons why I love this man, and how blessed I am that we are in relationship. Yet, now going away on electives is no longer just an adventure. It means being apart from someone dear to me. Sigh. But the sorrow of separation is worth the joy of relationship in the end.
More reasons Eddie is fabulous:
1) when we were at Jerry's for supper, and I suggested we should play a boardgame, his response was, "Lets make one up right here!" So he proceeded to make a modified chess game with the salt and pepper shakers, the glasses and other condiments. Of course this made me release peals of laugher.
2)He suggested the Chewbacca noises would be an appropriate ring tone for his calls to my phone.
3)He let me pick out the "Here without you" song by three doors down as the ring tone on his phone for my calls...its so cheesy but true, and yet he has it on his phone!
4)He bought me a pedicure at Ethos as a "just because I thought you would really enjoy it gift".
5) He is exceedingly patient with me even when I am irritable and irrational.

I could go on, but I wont. Basically I really appreciate him, and I will miss him a lot.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

One lucky girl you are...so glad to hear the contentment and happiness in your words!!

Anonymous said...

A guy after my own heart. Good to hear happiness in your voice... Patience is a wonderful trait. I know a fantastic guy who is really patient with me. We have to appreciate that!

Nevada said...

Sounds very sweet Lauren! I am very VERY happy for you!

Daryl said...

i think i hear wedding music playing, huh.