Thursday, May 18, 2006

Halifax Day 5

I had a good day today--other than the fact that I am still sick!

I received really positive feedback from the preceptor I was with today, in fact he told me I was fantastic! It was the first day where I have felt like there is hope for me and I will become a quality internist. Its so nice to get a 'gold star', when you know it is genuinely being given.

Then after work today, Jessi and Matt (Jessi's boyfriend who arrived in town today, he is here for the long weekend), and I went walking downtown, and out for supper. The only unfortunate thing is that it was SO FOGGY! We could barely see 3 meters infront of us, and it was also really icy cold too. Oh well, we had fabulously tasty fish and chips at Pineau's Cafe (thank you Kelly and Sarah for recommending it). A quaint little restaurant that looks like it was an old two storey house at one time, and had darling little tables, bright red walls, white trim, and flowers inside. And the best fish and chips I have ever tasted for $7.50! Such a good deal. We also walked to the Citadel, but the fort closes at 1700h everyday, so we will have to go back on the weekend.







Pineau's Cafe..

























Jessi and Matt on the Harbour Walk.










Here we are trying to find our way through the fog, with the Citadel in the background. The city is very erie when it is laden with dense fog!










Speaking of erie, there are graveyards every couple blocks downtown it seems! This is the graveyard I walk past every day to on my way to and from the hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful to get that positive feedback. Praise God and thank the Holy Spirit for His guidance and wisdom.

I suspect it is quite possible that there will be more foggy and cloudy weather days down east than we have in sunny Saskatchewan. Even if that is the case, it is a goal of mine to enjoy the eastern part of our great country one day soon.

God bless.